Having a baby? Congrats! And while creating the perfect baby registry might not be as monumental a task as naming your baby, it can be just as stressful. Which stroller is the best? Which car seat is the safest? Which baby carrier is the most comfortable? And so on!
So if you’re a first-time parent and need a little help picking out the best items for your baby registry, look no further. We asked Ali Wing, founder of Giggle and author of Giggle Guide to Baby Gear to share some shopping tips. Behold: Ali Wing’s top 5 baby registry picks
1. A safe infant car seat. In fact, infant car seats are one of the few categories experts unanimously recommend against hand-me-downs. The Graco SnugRide Platinum is popular for a reason! It’s reassuringly safe with tons of features, and it’s super easy to use. This infant car seat clicks in and out of your car so you can easily transfer your sleeping baby from car to stroller, and it’s compatible with most popular stroller brands. This car seat is a long-time giggle customer favorite, and Consumer Reports gives it top ratings for safety and ease of use.
2. Layette, including Swaddle Blankets and Burp Cloths — all organic. Newborns sleep up to 18 hours a day. So, focus your choices on genuine comfort and practicality, and look for a chemical-free finish. giggle Better Basics is of course made of 100% organic cotton that’s both wonderfully soft and reassuringly healthy.We designed this line of organic baby essentials to be the perfect combination of quality and value!
3. A co-sleeper, cradle, bassinet or crib? Whichever you choose, you only need one by the time your baby first arrives–like the giggle Better Basics Harper Crib. This is a “better basic” crib that is all about quality construction and design, responsible manufacturing and a great value to boot!
4. Your baby’s home away from home: the stroller. With its feature-packed stroller designs, Bugaboo single-handedly redefined the stroller market when it came on the scene and still boasts some of the hottest strollers around today. So it’s no wonder why we love the ultra-stylish and versatile Cameleon, which brings parents a fully-loaded, multi-stage stroller that features lockable swivel wheels, easy maneuverability, and a lightweight frame — to name just a few of its perks.
5. Rock-a-bye, Baby with a glider/rocker. It may not be a necessity, but definitely something you’ll be glad to have. And while no one can deny that a rocker is a great piece of furniture, a lot of the choices out there have a super-traditional style that doesn’t work in every home. Enter the Joya Rocker, offering the comfort you want with a sleek, contemporary style you’ll love — and one you’ll have beyond Baby!
Bonus for MOMfinds readers: get free shipping and a free copy of Ali’s book, Giggle Guide to Baby Gear, the “what to GET when you’re expecting” guidebook for new parents with a giggle Better Basics Layette purchase of $75 or more.
Sign up for our newsletter to get even more finds delivered right to your inbox.
Click here to email Farah, the author of this post.